CBI enquiry against VK Singh `without further delay`, demands Atul Anjan
New Delhi: Communist Party of India (CPI) leader Atul Anjan on Tuesday demanded a CBI enquiry without further delay on allegations made by former army chief General V K Singh, and said the truth must be revealed to the nation.
"We cannot believe everything that VK Singh has said. He has always been very controversial since the beginning on various issues. I think it’s time that the central government must look into this matter and there should be a CBI enquiry without further delay, and the truth must be brought in front the nation," he said.
Defending the controversy surrounding VK Singh, Bharatiya Janata Party ( BJP) vice president Balbir Punj accused the Congress Party-led UPA II Government of targetting the former army chief, and said that the ruling party has compromised on national security to score small time political gains.
"This entire controversy is the result of Congress Party-led UPA II Government`s efforts to score small time political gains at the cost of compromising constitutional authorities and national security," he said.
The former Army chief is in the midst of a controversy following a report that he had set up Technical Services Division, a secret intelligence unit, and misused secret funds to try and topple the Omar Abdullah Government, and to try and change the line of succession in the Army`s brass.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell
- Hello hotness! Deepika Padukone looks kickass in an all blue satin grace!