CBI enquiry against VK Singh `without further delay`, demands Atul Anjan
New Delhi: Communist Party of India (CPI) leader Atul Anjan on Tuesday demanded a CBI enquiry without further delay on allegations made by former army chief General V K Singh, and said the truth must be revealed to the nation.
"We cannot believe everything that VK Singh has said. He has always been very controversial since the beginning on various issues. I think it’s time that the central government must look into this matter and there should be a CBI enquiry without further delay, and the truth must be brought in front the nation," he said.
Defending the controversy surrounding VK Singh, Bharatiya Janata Party ( BJP) vice president Balbir Punj accused the Congress Party-led UPA II Government of targetting the former army chief, and said that the ruling party has compromised on national security to score small time political gains.
"This entire controversy is the result of Congress Party-led UPA II Government`s efforts to score small time political gains at the cost of compromising constitutional authorities and national security," he said.
The former Army chief is in the midst of a controversy following a report that he had set up Technical Services Division, a secret intelligence unit, and misused secret funds to try and topple the Omar Abdullah Government, and to try and change the line of succession in the Army`s brass.
- Core sector expands to a 16-month high of 6.4% in March
- Jiah Khan case: HC refuses to extend stay on trial against Sooraj Pancholi
- Gautam Gambhir endorses Zaheer Khan for Team India coaching role - Here's what he said!
- Know why Jayalalithaa’s canteens serving sambar rice, idlis can impact TN polls!
- Aadhaar appeal grows, downloads go past 40-crore mark