CBI examines senior journalist in Radia tapes connection
New Delhi: CBI has recently examined a senior journalist in connection with its probe into tapped conversations of lobbyist Niira Radia.
The sources said the journalist working with a television channel was called in connection with Radia`s conversation in which her phone interaction with the lobbyist also surfaced.
The sources said the conversation was allegedly linked to some purported financial transaction.
The agency has said the journalist was only called to confirm some information.
It has also said the journalist has not been named in any of the preliminary enquiries related to the case.
More people who were part of Radia`s telephonic conversations will be called for questioning, they said.
A Supreme Court bench headed by Justice GS Singhvi had identified 23 issues which were framed by an apex court-appointed team on the analysis of the tapped conversations of Radia with bureaucrats, politicians, business honchos and journalists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre