CBI examines senior journalist in Radia tapes connection
New Delhi: CBI has recently examined a senior journalist in connection with its probe into tapped conversations of lobbyist Niira Radia.
The sources said the journalist working with a television channel was called in connection with Radia`s conversation in which her phone interaction with the lobbyist also surfaced.
The sources said the conversation was allegedly linked to some purported financial transaction.
The agency has said the journalist was only called to confirm some information.
It has also said the journalist has not been named in any of the preliminary enquiries related to the case.
More people who were part of Radia`s telephonic conversations will be called for questioning, they said.
A Supreme Court bench headed by Justice GS Singhvi had identified 23 issues which were framed by an apex court-appointed team on the analysis of the tapped conversations of Radia with bureaucrats, politicians, business honchos and journalists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees