CBI examines Tytler in Abhishek Verma case
New Delhi: CBI has questioned Jagdish Tytler to verify claims made by arms dealer Abhishek Verma that he was in regular touch with the senior Congress leader and whether these meetings were in relation to the stalling of black-listing of a Swiss defence firm.
CBI sources said soon after his arrest last month, Verma had taken names of some influential Congress leaders which included Tytler with whom he claimed to be in regular touch.
They said Tytler was questioned to verify the claims of Verma last month. The sources said Tytler had denied any association with Verma regarding the defence deals.
The Congress leader claimed that his meetings with Verma took place because of his old association with his parents who were also renowned Congress leaders, they said.
Meanwhile, CBI has decided to send judicial requests to United States and Switzerland seeking details of financial transactions of Verma`s alleged front company Ganton, based in United States and having subsidiary in India, and Swiss firm Rheinmetall Air Defence AG.
Sources said a team might go to the United States to record the statement of estranged business associate of Verma, US-based attorney C Edmond Allen.
CBI has booked Verma and his wife Ancea Neascu for allegedly taking USD 5.30 lakh from Swiss firm Rheinmetall Air Defence AG for using his "influence" to stall the black-listing proceedings initiated by the government against it after the Ordnance Factory Board scam had surfaced. Both are currently in judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi