CBI files chargesheet against 4 officers for cheating NHDC
New Delhi: CBI has filed chargesheet in a
special court against four officials including the former land
acquisition officer, Narmada Hydroelectric Development
Corporation for allegedly causing a wrongful loss of about Rs
The chargesheet was filed against D R Kurre, LAO, NHDC,
R&R, Khandwa presently SDM, Bhind, Jhunnu Ram Ben, former
Revenue Inspector, NHDC, Khandwa, presently Assistant
Superintendents of Land Records, Neemuch and three private
persons in the Special Court in Bhopal under different
Sections of IPC and the Prevention of Corruption Act, official
It was alleged the Land Acquisition Officer and
Revenue Inspector had abused their official position and
entered into criminal conspiracy with the three private
"...in pursuance of the criminal conspiracy they cheated
the NHDC, by releasing compensation to the said private
persons against public properties for which the private
persons were not entitled, under the provisions of the law,"
CBI spokesperson said here today.
"Thereby, the accused persons caused wrongful loss of Rs
16,56,488 to the NHDC and the corresponding wrongful gain to
private persons," the official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed