CBI files chargesheet against Abhishek Verma
New Delhi: The CBI on Friday filed a chargesheet against Abhishek Verma, an accused in the leakage of naval secrets, and two others including his wife.
Verma is also charged with corruption and forgery.
Verma, his Romanian wife Anca Maria Neacsu and a retired wing commander, Koka Rao, have been named in the chargesheet, a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) official said.
The CBI had on June 9 arrested Verma and his wife for allegedly receiving money from a Swiss arms company to stall the blacklisting proceedings initiated against it by the Indian government.
They were booked under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Pranab Mukherjee has been guardian, mentor to me: PM Modi
- Ridiculously funny video: Man shows his dance moves in middle of busy Mumbai street - Watch
- From Sept 1, rail passengers to get Rs 10 lakh insurace cover for premium of just Re 1
- Yahoo-Verizon deal: I plan to stay on with the company, says CEO Marissa Mayer
- Harsimrat's charge of my misbehaviour with her 'wild': Ramesh