CBI files chargesheet against Abhishek Verma
New Delhi: The CBI on Friday filed a chargesheet against Abhishek Verma, an accused in the leakage of naval secrets, and two others including his wife.
Verma is also charged with corruption and forgery.
Verma, his Romanian wife Anca Maria Neacsu and a retired wing commander, Koka Rao, have been named in the chargesheet, a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) official said.
The CBI had on June 9 arrested Verma and his wife for allegedly receiving money from a Swiss arms company to stall the blacklisting proceedings initiated against it by the Indian government.
They were booked under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China stripped America, made money and rebuilt itself: Donald Trump
- Google acquires start-up founded by Indian-origin entrepreneur Varun Malhotra
- Capitation fee is illegal; profiteering, commercialisation of education sector unacceptable: Supreme Court
- English Premier League: Euphoria on streets of Leicester as outsiders seal historic maiden title
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared shortly