CBI files chargesheet against Abhishek Verma
New Delhi: The CBI on Friday filed a chargesheet against Abhishek Verma, an accused in the leakage of naval secrets, and two others including his wife.
Verma is also charged with corruption and forgery.
Verma, his Romanian wife Anca Maria Neacsu and a retired wing commander, Koka Rao, have been named in the chargesheet, a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) official said.
The CBI had on June 9 arrested Verma and his wife for allegedly receiving money from a Swiss arms company to stall the blacklisting proceedings initiated against it by the Indian government.
They were booked under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September