CBI files chargesheet against Abhishek Verma
New Delhi: The CBI on Friday filed a chargesheet against Abhishek Verma, an accused in the leakage of naval secrets, and two others including his wife.
Verma is also charged with corruption and forgery.
Verma, his Romanian wife Anca Maria Neacsu and a retired wing commander, Koka Rao, have been named in the chargesheet, a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) official said.
The CBI had on June 9 arrested Verma and his wife for allegedly receiving money from a Swiss arms company to stall the blacklisting proceedings initiated against it by the Indian government.
They were booked under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Wimbledon: World No. 223 dumps out Ana Ivanovic in first round
- Wimbledon 2016: Novak Djokovic begins title defence with a solid victory
- Shiva Thapa, Manoj Kumar can win gold at Rio Olympics: Vikas Krishan
- Rajinikanth doing well, in US for medical test: Brother
- Pakistan admits stalling India's NSG bid; says will not back down from 'principled stand' on Kashmir