CBI files chargesheet against Abhishek Verma
New Delhi: The CBI on Friday filed a chargesheet against Abhishek Verma, an accused in the leakage of naval secrets, and two others including his wife.
Verma is also charged with corruption and forgery.
Verma, his Romanian wife Anca Maria Neacsu and a retired wing commander, Koka Rao, have been named in the chargesheet, a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) official said.
The CBI had on June 9 arrested Verma and his wife for allegedly receiving money from a Swiss arms company to stall the blacklisting proceedings initiated against it by the Indian government.
They were booked under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- 'Saffron party will still face defeat in the upcoming assembly elections', BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna Joshi jump
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh