CBI files chargesheet against sacked MCI chief
New Delhi: More than a year after his
arrest, CBI has filed a charge sheet against sacked President
of Medical Council of India Ketan Desai and three others for
allegedly accepting bribe of Rs two crore to grant recognition
to a medical college in Punjab.
Besides Desai, other chargesheeted include alleged
middleman Jitender Pal Singh, faculty member of Patiala-based
Gyan Sagar Medical College Kamaljeet Singh, who is accused of
having carried a cash of Rs two crore, and Vice Chairman of
the medical college Sukhvinder Singh, official sources said
here on Monday.
Desai and three others were arrested by CBI on April 22
last year for allegedly demanding a bribe of Rs two crore from
a owners of a medical college in Patiala in return for grant
of permission to start admission for 2010-11 despite not
having proper infrastructure for the project.
The chargesheet was filed recently in a specially
designated CBI court here, they said.
The case was registered alleging Desai, along with
Singh, had entered into a criminal conspiracy with the Vice
Chairman of the medical college for granting permission to
start admission of students for the academic year 2010-11
without having complied with the objections raised by an
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble