CBI files chargesheet against sacked MCI chief
New Delhi: More than a year after his
arrest, CBI has filed a charge sheet against sacked President
of Medical Council of India Ketan Desai and three others for
allegedly accepting bribe of Rs two crore to grant recognition
to a medical college in Punjab.
Besides Desai, other chargesheeted include alleged
middleman Jitender Pal Singh, faculty member of Patiala-based
Gyan Sagar Medical College Kamaljeet Singh, who is accused of
having carried a cash of Rs two crore, and Vice Chairman of
the medical college Sukhvinder Singh, official sources said
here on Monday.
Desai and three others were arrested by CBI on April 22
last year for allegedly demanding a bribe of Rs two crore from
a owners of a medical college in Patiala in return for grant
of permission to start admission for 2010-11 despite not
having proper infrastructure for the project.
The chargesheet was filed recently in a specially
designated CBI court here, they said.
The case was registered alleging Desai, along with
Singh, had entered into a criminal conspiracy with the Vice
Chairman of the medical college for granting permission to
start admission of students for the academic year 2010-11
without having complied with the objections raised by an
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees