CBI files closure report in corruption case against Lalli
New Delhi: The CBI has filed a closure report in a Delhi court in a case involving former Prasar Bharti CEO B S Lalli saying it found no substantive evidence against him on charges of committing fraud and conspiracy in awarding of broadcasting rights for Commonwealth Games.
The agency has filed the closure report before Special CBI Judge Talwant Singh who has kept it for consideration on August 4.
The CBI, in its closure report, said that they have not found substantive evidence against Lalli and Managing Director of Delhi-based Zoom Communications Wasim Dehlvi, also the resident director of UK-based SIS Live.
The CBI had last year booked both Lalli and Dehlvi for the offences punishable under section 120-B (criminal conspiracy) and 420 (cheating) of the Indian Penal Code respectively.
The probe agency had alleged that a major portion of Rs 246 crore contract given to UK-based SIS Live by Prasar Bharti for "production and coverage" of 2010 CWG was sub-contracted to Zoom Communications for only Rs 176 crore resulting in loss of nearly Rs 100 crore to the exchequer.
In its FIR, the CBI had alleged that a number of conditions were relaxed in favour of SIS Live, including a provision pertaining to sub-contracting to Zoom Communications.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!