CBI files new case in coal scam, carries out searches
New Delhi: After a lull of nearly five months, CBI on Monday swung into action in the coal block allocation scam registering a fresh case of misrepresentation of facts against a Jharkhand-based company and carried out searches.
CBI sources said the agency has levelled allegations of criminal conspiracy and cheating against Jharkhand Ispat Pvt Limited, its Chairman R S Rungta, Managing Director R C Rungta and other directors of the company.
The company did not respond to emails seeking its comments.
The sources said JIPL had allegedly made two false claims in the application form for Pakri Barwadi West and Gondal Para coal blocks--the company misrepresented the land with it and the number of operation steel plants.
CBI alleged in its FIR that the company in its application form submitted in January 2006 had claimed that it had three operational steel plants whereas the actual number was only one.
It is also allegedly claimed that it has 80 acres of land whereas the actual land was just 30 acres which did not even had a clear title.
CBI sources said after filing the FIR, the agency carried out searches at 11 locations in Ghaziabad and Delhi in NCR, Ramgarh, Hazaribagh and Ranchi in Jharkhand, Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh and Kolkata in West Bengal.
The searched destinations included offices of the company in Ramgarh, residential and official premises of its directors and other locations, they said.
The sources said the company was finally allotted North Dhadu coal block on January 13, 2006 for its plant.
CBI has so far registered 10 FIRs, including this one, in connection with the coal scam. The last FIR was registered in October 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India