CBI files two charge sheets in CMO murders
Lucknow: The CBI on Tuesday filed two separate chargesheets against three accused for murdering UP Chief Medical Officers V K Arya and BP Singh after they started probing NRHM irregularities and also named then deputy CMO Y S Sachan, who was found dead in Lucknow jail, in the conspiracy.
In its charge sheets filed before the special judicial magistrate here, the agency alleged that shooters Anand Prakash Tiwari and Vinod Sharma had murdered the then CMOs.
"The agency has filed charge sheet under section 120B R/w 302 (criminal conspiracy to murder) of IPC and Section 3/25/27 of Arms Act," the statement said.
The agency has also named one Ram Krishna Verma, who had allegedly hired them to murder the CMOs who grew suspicious about the alleged corruption in the NRHM schemes here and started probing them, CBI sources said.
"The then Dy CMO Dr Sachan conspired with others and hired two shooters through a contractor, all of UP-based. The accused got emboldened after Dr VK Arya`s murder as the actual killers were not detected by local police at the relevant period and indulged in the second murder. Same weapons have been used by the killers in both murders," CBI spokesperson said in a statement.
The CBI investigation of these cases revealed that the motive behind the killing of Arya and B P Singh was due to various issues relating to the alleged expenditure of NRHM funds, the spokesperson said.
Arya was shot dead by two motorcycle borne assailants
on October 27, 2010 when he was on his morning walk near his residence in Vikas Nagar, it said.
"Similarly on April 2, 2011 Dr B P Singh, the then CMO, Family Welfare was shot dead by motor cycle borne assailants when he was on his morning walk in Gomti Nagar area of Lucknow. A case was registered at PS Gomti Nagar," the statement said.
The CBI took over investigations on the instructions of Lucknow Bench of Allahabad High Court through its order on July 27, 2011. The CBI re-registered the two cases on July 30, 2011 and took it up for investigation.
"One accused chargesheeted earlier by local police in Dr V K Arya case Vijay Dubey has been absolved of murder charges by the CBI. Further investigation to unearth the larger conspiracy in the alleged murders will continue," it said.
The agency has also named Sudhakar Pandey suspected to be the main shooter in Singh`s murder who is absconding. The state government had announced a cash reward on his head.
The agency had also recently arrested former CMO A K Shukla in connection with the murder case of Arya on charges of criminal conspiracy.
There were indications emerging that Shukla could also be allegedly involved in killing of another Chief Medical Officer B P Singh, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon