CBI gets new Additional Director
New Delhi: IPS officer Rupak Kumar Dutta on Monday joined CBI as its Additional Director, a place which was vacant after the promotion of Saleem Ali as Special Director of the agency.
"Rupak Kumar Dutta, an IPS Officer of 1981 Batch (Karnataka Cadre), today took over as Additional Director in Central Bureau of Investigation in New Delhi. Before joining CBI, he was Director General of Police, CID, Special Units and Economic Offences in Karnataka," CBI spokesperson said here today.
With the new appointment, CBI now has two Special Directors and an Additional Director.
Dutta had held several key positions from SP to Joint Director during his two tenures at the central agency between 1988 and 1996 and between 2000 and 2006 and associated with the investigations of a number of sensitive cases, including those entrusted to CBI by the Supreme Court and High Courts, that ended in convictions of the accused persons, the official said.
Dutta also held various positions in Karnataka, as Superintendent of Police, Karwar and Davanagere, DIG (Intelligence, Security Vigilance & Northern Range) and IG North Eastern Range. He has served as Additional Director General of Police(Law & Order) and also as ADG in Karnataka Lokayukta.
"R K Dutta, a B.Tech from IIT Kanpur and M.B.A from Swinburne University, Australia, has been decorated with the police medal for meritorious Service and the President?s Police Medal for distinguished service".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre