CBI gets new Additional Director
New Delhi: IPS officer Rupak Kumar Dutta on Monday joined CBI as its Additional Director, a place which was vacant after the promotion of Saleem Ali as Special Director of the agency.
"Rupak Kumar Dutta, an IPS Officer of 1981 Batch (Karnataka Cadre), today took over as Additional Director in Central Bureau of Investigation in New Delhi. Before joining CBI, he was Director General of Police, CID, Special Units and Economic Offences in Karnataka," CBI spokesperson said here today.
With the new appointment, CBI now has two Special Directors and an Additional Director.
Dutta had held several key positions from SP to Joint Director during his two tenures at the central agency between 1988 and 1996 and between 2000 and 2006 and associated with the investigations of a number of sensitive cases, including those entrusted to CBI by the Supreme Court and High Courts, that ended in convictions of the accused persons, the official said.
Dutta also held various positions in Karnataka, as Superintendent of Police, Karwar and Davanagere, DIG (Intelligence, Security Vigilance & Northern Range) and IG North Eastern Range. He has served as Additional Director General of Police(Law & Order) and also as ADG in Karnataka Lokayukta.
"R K Dutta, a B.Tech from IIT Kanpur and M.B.A from Swinburne University, Australia, has been decorated with the police medal for meritorious Service and the President?s Police Medal for distinguished service".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video