CBI gets new Additional Director
New Delhi: IPS officer Rupak Kumar Dutta on Monday joined CBI as its Additional Director, a place which was vacant after the promotion of Saleem Ali as Special Director of the agency.
"Rupak Kumar Dutta, an IPS Officer of 1981 Batch (Karnataka Cadre), today took over as Additional Director in Central Bureau of Investigation in New Delhi. Before joining CBI, he was Director General of Police, CID, Special Units and Economic Offences in Karnataka," CBI spokesperson said here today.
With the new appointment, CBI now has two Special Directors and an Additional Director.
Dutta had held several key positions from SP to Joint Director during his two tenures at the central agency between 1988 and 1996 and between 2000 and 2006 and associated with the investigations of a number of sensitive cases, including those entrusted to CBI by the Supreme Court and High Courts, that ended in convictions of the accused persons, the official said.
Dutta also held various positions in Karnataka, as Superintendent of Police, Karwar and Davanagere, DIG (Intelligence, Security Vigilance & Northern Range) and IG North Eastern Range. He has served as Additional Director General of Police(Law & Order) and also as ADG in Karnataka Lokayukta.
"R K Dutta, a B.Tech from IIT Kanpur and M.B.A from Swinburne University, Australia, has been decorated with the police medal for meritorious Service and the President?s Police Medal for distinguished service".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them