CBI gets time to reply in case involving Koda
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court today granted time to CBI to file its reply after former Chief Minister Madhu Koda sought bail in connection with a scam pertaining to rural electrification.
The single bench of Justice H C Mishra fixed April 9 for the next hearing on Koda`s bail petition after the CBI sought time to submit its reply.
Koda, who is in judicial custody from November 30, 2009, in connection with money laundering and illegal investment cases, is also facing charges of irregularities in the tender allotment process in the Rajiv Gandhi Rural Electrification Programme.
His "aide" Binod Sinha had allegedly influenced allotment of the tender to a Hyderabad-based company during the Koda-led UPA regime in Jharkhand. Sinha is also in judicial custody.
Koda has already got bail in several other cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre