CBI gets time to reply in case involving Koda
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court today granted time to CBI to file its reply after former Chief Minister Madhu Koda sought bail in connection with a scam pertaining to rural electrification.
The single bench of Justice H C Mishra fixed April 9 for the next hearing on Koda`s bail petition after the CBI sought time to submit its reply.
Koda, who is in judicial custody from November 30, 2009, in connection with money laundering and illegal investment cases, is also facing charges of irregularities in the tender allotment process in the Rajiv Gandhi Rural Electrification Programme.
His "aide" Binod Sinha had allegedly influenced allotment of the tender to a Hyderabad-based company during the Koda-led UPA regime in Jharkhand. Sinha is also in judicial custody.
Koda has already got bail in several other cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Kabir Khan's message to the media after being 'heckled in Pakistan' is epic!
- Subrata Roy's health deteriorating in jail, can't survive another summer: Sahara tells SC
- BJP doing 'gundagardi' in name of making people say 'Bharat Mata ki Jai', says Arvind Kejriwal
- Sheena Bora murder: Indrani, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till May 9
- Sushmita Sen - mother of two daughters - talks about her sexiest mantra