CBI gets time to reply in case involving Koda
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court today granted time to CBI to file its reply after former Chief Minister Madhu Koda sought bail in connection with a scam pertaining to rural electrification.
The single bench of Justice H C Mishra fixed April 9 for the next hearing on Koda`s bail petition after the CBI sought time to submit its reply.
Koda, who is in judicial custody from November 30, 2009, in connection with money laundering and illegal investment cases, is also facing charges of irregularities in the tender allotment process in the Rajiv Gandhi Rural Electrification Programme.
His "aide" Binod Sinha had allegedly influenced allotment of the tender to a Hyderabad-based company during the Koda-led UPA regime in Jharkhand. Sinha is also in judicial custody.
Koda has already got bail in several other cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners
- Political novice Gudni Johannesson elected Iceland president amid football fever