CBI gets time to reply in case involving Koda
Ranchi: Jharkhand High Court today granted time to CBI to file its reply after former Chief Minister Madhu Koda sought bail in connection with a scam pertaining to rural electrification.
The single bench of Justice H C Mishra fixed April 9 for the next hearing on Koda`s bail petition after the CBI sought time to submit its reply.
Koda, who is in judicial custody from November 30, 2009, in connection with money laundering and illegal investment cases, is also facing charges of irregularities in the tender allotment process in the Rajiv Gandhi Rural Electrification Programme.
His "aide" Binod Sinha had allegedly influenced allotment of the tender to a Hyderabad-based company during the Koda-led UPA regime in Jharkhand. Sinha is also in judicial custody.
Koda has already got bail in several other cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’