CBI gives additional evidence against Anderson to MEA
New Delhi: The CBI has recently sent
additional evidence against Warren Anderson, former CEO of
Union Carbide, to the Ministry of External Affairs in
connection with his extradition proceedings in Bhopal case.
"The CBI has been consistently pursuing the matter of
extradition of Warren Anderson since 1993," Minister of State
for Personnel Prithviraj Chavan said in a written reply in the
However, the US Department of State did not agree for
extradition of Anderson in the Bhopal gas leak case stating
that the request of the Government of India does not meet the
requirements of dual criminality under Article 2(1) and 9(3)
of the Extradition Treaty, he said.
"The CBI has sent additional evidence to the Ministry of
External Affairs against Warren Anderson for his extradition
on July 29, 2010," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read