CBI gives additional evidence against Anderson to MEA
New Delhi: The CBI has recently sent
additional evidence against Warren Anderson, former CEO of
Union Carbide, to the Ministry of External Affairs in
connection with his extradition proceedings in Bhopal case.
"The CBI has been consistently pursuing the matter of
extradition of Warren Anderson since 1993," Minister of State
for Personnel Prithviraj Chavan said in a written reply in the
However, the US Department of State did not agree for
extradition of Anderson in the Bhopal gas leak case stating
that the request of the Government of India does not meet the
requirements of dual criminality under Article 2(1) and 9(3)
of the Extradition Treaty, he said.
"The CBI has sent additional evidence to the Ministry of
External Affairs against Warren Anderson for his extradition
on July 29, 2010," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets