CBI gives additional evidence against Anderson to MEA
New Delhi: The CBI has recently sent
additional evidence against Warren Anderson, former CEO of
Union Carbide, to the Ministry of External Affairs in
connection with his extradition proceedings in Bhopal case.
"The CBI has been consistently pursuing the matter of
extradition of Warren Anderson since 1993," Minister of State
for Personnel Prithviraj Chavan said in a written reply in the
However, the US Department of State did not agree for
extradition of Anderson in the Bhopal gas leak case stating
that the request of the Government of India does not meet the
requirements of dual criminality under Article 2(1) and 9(3)
of the Extradition Treaty, he said.
"The CBI has sent additional evidence to the Ministry of
External Affairs against Warren Anderson for his extradition
on July 29, 2010," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump