CBI had given ‘clean chit’ to Nupur: Counsel
Allahabad: Arguing for bail for dentist Nupur Talwar accused in the case relating to the murder of her daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj, her counsel on Wednesday claimed before the Allahabad High Court that CBI had given a "clean chit" to her.
Nupur`s counsel Amit Srivastava told Justice A K Tripathi that she, along with her husband Rajesh Talwar, has been named as prime accused in the murder of Aarushi and Hemraj merely because the prosecution could not trace anybody else having entered the house when the crime was suspected to have been committed.
Talwar had moved the HC after her bail plea was rejected by the special CBI court at Ghaziabad where the trial is on.
The trial court had refused to grant bail to Nupur earlier this month saying "the accused applicant has tried her best to avoid her appearance.....And hence her conduct has been such which disentitles her to be released on bail".
Nupur Talwar had on April 30 surrendered before the CBI court following the Supreme Court`s refusal to stay the non-bailable warrant issued against her.
Rajesh, who has in the past spent close to two months in CBI custody, is currently out on bail.
Justice Tripathi ordered that hearing in the matter would continue tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- 'Sultan' Salman Khan behind Steven Spielberg's 'The BFG' release delay?
- 11-year-old blood cancer patient seeks help from PM Narendra Modi, CM Akhilesh Yadav
- LeEco Le 2, Le Max2 up for grabs in first flash sale today
- With Facebook's new Slideshow feature, convert your photos into mini-movies!- Watch
- Ringing Bells starts delivery of Freedom 251 smartphone from today