CBI had given ‘clean chit’ to Nupur: Counsel
Allahabad: Arguing for bail for dentist Nupur Talwar accused in the case relating to the murder of her daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj, her counsel on Wednesday claimed before the Allahabad High Court that CBI had given a "clean chit" to her.
Nupur`s counsel Amit Srivastava told Justice A K Tripathi that she, along with her husband Rajesh Talwar, has been named as prime accused in the murder of Aarushi and Hemraj merely because the prosecution could not trace anybody else having entered the house when the crime was suspected to have been committed.
Talwar had moved the HC after her bail plea was rejected by the special CBI court at Ghaziabad where the trial is on.
The trial court had refused to grant bail to Nupur earlier this month saying "the accused applicant has tried her best to avoid her appearance.....And hence her conduct has been such which disentitles her to be released on bail".
Nupur Talwar had on April 30 surrendered before the CBI court following the Supreme Court`s refusal to stay the non-bailable warrant issued against her.
Rajesh, who has in the past spent close to two months in CBI custody, is currently out on bail.
Justice Tripathi ordered that hearing in the matter would continue tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP