CBI had given ‘clean chit’ to Nupur: Counsel
Allahabad: Arguing for bail for dentist Nupur Talwar accused in the case relating to the murder of her daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj, her counsel on Wednesday claimed before the Allahabad High Court that CBI had given a "clean chit" to her.
Nupur`s counsel Amit Srivastava told Justice A K Tripathi that she, along with her husband Rajesh Talwar, has been named as prime accused in the murder of Aarushi and Hemraj merely because the prosecution could not trace anybody else having entered the house when the crime was suspected to have been committed.
Talwar had moved the HC after her bail plea was rejected by the special CBI court at Ghaziabad where the trial is on.
The trial court had refused to grant bail to Nupur earlier this month saying "the accused applicant has tried her best to avoid her appearance.....And hence her conduct has been such which disentitles her to be released on bail".
Nupur Talwar had on April 30 surrendered before the CBI court following the Supreme Court`s refusal to stay the non-bailable warrant issued against her.
Rajesh, who has in the past spent close to two months in CBI custody, is currently out on bail.
Justice Tripathi ordered that hearing in the matter would continue tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured