CBI had given ‘clean chit’ to Nupur: Counsel
Allahabad: Arguing for bail for dentist Nupur Talwar accused in the case relating to the murder of her daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj, her counsel on Wednesday claimed before the Allahabad High Court that CBI had given a "clean chit" to her.
Nupur`s counsel Amit Srivastava told Justice A K Tripathi that she, along with her husband Rajesh Talwar, has been named as prime accused in the murder of Aarushi and Hemraj merely because the prosecution could not trace anybody else having entered the house when the crime was suspected to have been committed.
Talwar had moved the HC after her bail plea was rejected by the special CBI court at Ghaziabad where the trial is on.
The trial court had refused to grant bail to Nupur earlier this month saying "the accused applicant has tried her best to avoid her appearance.....And hence her conduct has been such which disentitles her to be released on bail".
Nupur Talwar had on April 30 surrendered before the CBI court following the Supreme Court`s refusal to stay the non-bailable warrant issued against her.
Rajesh, who has in the past spent close to two months in CBI custody, is currently out on bail.
Justice Tripathi ordered that hearing in the matter would continue tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?