CBI has more fodder against Lalu Prasad Yadav
Zee Media Bureau/Ajith Vijay Kumar
New Delhi/Patna: Once considered as the unassailable leader of Bihar, Lalu Prasad Yadav is now facing an uncertain political future after a court sentenced him to five years in jail in connection with the fodder scam.
However, Lalu’s legal troubles in the Fodder scam are not just limited to the Chaibasa treasury case in which he has earned him a five-year jail term.
Of the total 55 cases filed in connection with the Rs. 950-crore scam, Lalu is listed as an accused in another five cases which are various stages of trial.
1. Another case in Chaibasa in which Lalu faces trial in connection with the fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 33.13 crore
2. Bhagalpur treasury case - fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 63 lakh
3. Doranda treasury case – fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 139.35 crore
4. Dumka treasury case – Misappropriation of Rs 3.13 crore
5. Deoghar case where Rs 90 lakhs were fraudulently withdrawn from the treasury
Of the five cases, the Bhagalpur case is with the CBI court in Patna while the other four are with the CBI court in Ranchi.
Yesterday, Lalu Prasad was sentenced to five years rigorous imprisonment by a special CBI court in a 17-year-old fodder scam case which disqualifies him from Parliament and renders him ineligible to contest elections for at least six years.
65-year-old Prasad, who was convicted on corruption and other charges four days ago, was also fined Rs 25 lakh. He would appeal in the Jharkhand High Court on October 17.
Lalu is currently lodged in the Birsa Munda Jail in Ranchi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read