CBI hopeful of catching Dawood Ibrahim
Kolkata: Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Director Ashwani Kumar Saturday said the agency was hopeful of catching mafia don Dawood Ibrahim, a prime accused in the 1993 Mumbai blasts and who continues to be on the wanted lists of Interpol and the UN.
"After the Mumbai bomb blasts, 100 of the 123 accused were convicted. Of the convicts, 37, including Dawood, are absconding. He is on our radar. He is also in the wanted lists of Interpol and the UN," Kumar told reporters here.
"All police forces and international organisations are coming together. We hope we will be able to find him," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'