CBI ignoring Andhra Pradesh angle in Sohrabuddin case: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Sunday accused the CBI of
working in a partisan manner by targeting Gujarat and Madhya
Pradesh, where it has governments, and ignoring the Andhra
Pradesh angle in the Sohrabuddin case as the Congress is in
power in that state.
"Sohrabuddin Sheikh was a terrorist from whose premises
in Indore nearly 300 AK-47s were recovered. He used to operate
an inter-state gang.
"Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat are under CBI radar but the
Andhra Pradesh angle (in the fake encounter case) is not being
investigated at all as Congress is in power there," BJP chief
spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad told PTI.
The Rajya Sabha MP was confident that Gujarat Minister
Amit Shah, arrested today by CBI in the case, would come out
clean, claiming that the case against him was weak.
"Amit Shah has already resigned and will go through the
process of law. But BJP`s allegation of gross misuse of CBI by
the government is too well-known," Prasad said.
"The entire case against Shah is based upon sweeping
investigations by CBI without any legally sustainable
evidence. This motivated investigation would boomerang on the
Congress," Prasad said.
The CBI case against Shah is based on phone intercepts,
which is not admissible as evidence in a court of law, BJP
Among the senior policemen arrested in the case include
IPS officers from Gujarat, Rajasthan and Andhra Pradesh cadre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM