CBI issues look-out notices for ex-IAF chief Tyagi, others
New Delhi: The CBI has issued look-out notices for former IAF chief SP Tyagi, his three cousins and five other Indians who have been named in its FIR in the alleged kickbacks received by them in Rs 3,600 crore VVIP chopper deal.
The CBI sources said a look-out notice has been issued to prevent them from leaving the country from any airport.
They said it is a routine practice followed by the agency in cases where it fears that the accused can leave the country to escape prosecution.
Air Chief Marshal (retd) SP Tyagi this Wednesday became the first Air chief to be booked by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), along with 12 others, for alleged cheating, corruption and criminal conspiracy in the deal and searches were carried out at 14 locations including his residence.
The former Air chief, his cousins - Sanjeev alias Julie, Rajeev alias Docsa and Sandeep - European middlemen Carlo Gerosa, Christian Michel and Guido Haschke were among 13 individuals named in the FIR as accused, CBI sources said.
The CBI alleged that during his tenure as Air chief, the Air Force agreed "to reduce the service ceiling for VVIP helicopters from 6,000 meters to 4,500 meters as mandatory to which it was opposing vehemently on the grounds of security constraints and other related reasons," an agency source said.
It alleged that reduction of service ceiling - maximum height at which a helicopter can perform normally - allowed UK-based AgustaWestland to come into the fray as, otherwise, its helicopters were not even qualified for submission of bids.
Two new names, which were not part of the agency`s preliminary inquiry, have also been included in the FIR.
They include Satish Bagrodia, the brother of former Union Minister Santosh Bagrodia, and Pratap Aggarwal, hte chairman and managing director of IDS Infotech respectively, it said.
Six companies including Italy-based Finmeccanica, AgustaWestland, Mohali-based IDS Infotech, Chandigarh-based Aeromatrix, IDS Tunisia and IDS Mauritius have also been booked by the CBI in its FIR, CBI sources said.
CEO of Aeromatrix Praveen Bakshi and former Finmeccanica chairman Giuseppe Orsi, former AgustaWestland CEO Bruno Spagnolini and legal advisor and former board member of IDS Infotech Gautam Khaitan are also named as accused, they said.
All the accused have refuted allegations against them.
The CBI has alleged that Khaitan, Bagrodia, Aggarwal and Bakshi facilitated the middlemen for bringing bribe money to India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks