CBI known for impartiality, independence: Interpol
New Delhi: Anna Hazare and his team members may have time and again slammed and questioned its integrity, but Interpol says the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) was renowned in the world for its "impartiality and independence".
"The CBI has a worldwide reputation for its integrity, independence and impartiality," Interpol chief Ronald K Noble told reporters here.
The CBI has been a focussed target of opposition parties and social activist Hazare who say the agency was a mere political tool in the hands of the government and suggested that it should come under the proposed Lokpal.
Asked about his comments on the CBI, which is the official Interpol unit in India, Noble said: "India should count on the CBI for its fairness in investigation of cases of corruption."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings
- President Pranab Mukherjee sets off on 4-day visit to China today