CBI known for impartiality, independence: Interpol
New Delhi: Anna Hazare and his team members may have time and again slammed and questioned its integrity, but Interpol says the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) was renowned in the world for its "impartiality and independence".
"The CBI has a worldwide reputation for its integrity, independence and impartiality," Interpol chief Ronald K Noble told reporters here.
The CBI has been a focussed target of opposition parties and social activist Hazare who say the agency was a mere political tool in the hands of the government and suggested that it should come under the proposed Lokpal.
Asked about his comments on the CBI, which is the official Interpol unit in India, Noble said: "India should count on the CBI for its fairness in investigation of cases of corruption."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love