CBI likely to initiate inquiry in RPF appointments
New Delhi: CBI is likely to register a preliminary inquiry into the appointment of senior officers in the Railway Protection Force as it suspects large scale corruption in these postings.
Sources said files related to appointments of senior officers in Railway Protection Force have been sought by CBI in this connection.
Under the CBI scanner is the posting of a Director General Of RPF who had reportedly superseded 25 officers to become the head of the force during Mamata Banerjee`s tenure in May, 2011.
However, the agency sources said they are not targetting any individual in their probe and they would be looking into all aspects of appointments and promotions in the RPF while probing alleged corruption.
The sources said the agency has already examined some officials of the Railway Ministry before registration of the case but a formal recording of their statements would take place after the cases have been registered.
The bribery scandal involving former Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla and Railway Board member (staff) Maghesh Kumar has opened a can of worms and many complaints of alleged corruption in various departments are coming to CBI, they said.
The sources said agency would take action only after it finds some concrete material to initiate an inquiry into allegations of corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report