CBI likely to initiate inquiry in RPF appointments
New Delhi: CBI is likely to register a preliminary inquiry into the appointment of senior officers in the Railway Protection Force as it suspects large scale corruption in these postings.
Sources said files related to appointments of senior officers in Railway Protection Force have been sought by CBI in this connection.
Under the CBI scanner is the posting of a Director General Of RPF who had reportedly superseded 25 officers to become the head of the force during Mamata Banerjee`s tenure in May, 2011.
However, the agency sources said they are not targetting any individual in their probe and they would be looking into all aspects of appointments and promotions in the RPF while probing alleged corruption.
The sources said the agency has already examined some officials of the Railway Ministry before registration of the case but a formal recording of their statements would take place after the cases have been registered.
The bribery scandal involving former Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla and Railway Board member (staff) Maghesh Kumar has opened a can of worms and many complaints of alleged corruption in various departments are coming to CBI, they said.
The sources said agency would take action only after it finds some concrete material to initiate an inquiry into allegations of corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest