CBI likely to question Bagrodia, Vijay Darda
New Delhi: CBI is likely to soon question former minister Santosh Bagrodia and Congress MP Vijay Darda in connection with alleged irregularities in the allocation of coal blocks.
CBI sources said after Devendra and Rishi, the agency is likely to call Bagrodia, ex-minister of state for coal, and Vijay Darda, an accused in JLD Yavatmal case, for questioning in few days.
The agency has already recorded called Devendra Darda, son of Vijay Darda, and Rishi Darda, son of Vijay`s brother Rajendra Darda who is a Cabinet minister in Maharashtra government in connection with the case.
Talking to reporters, CBI Director A P Singh said the agency is examining the role of all 142 companies which were awarded coal blocks between 2006-09 and soon decisions would be taken on proceeding further and registering new cases.
In its FIR against JLD Yavatmal Energy Limited, CBI has named Vijay Darda along with Devendra, and other former and present directors including Rajendra, Manoj Jayaswal, Anand Jayaswal and Abhishek Jayaswal.
It alleged that the company, in order to embellish its claim for the coal block, had fraudulently claimed in the application form that it has been jointly promoted, controlled and managed by Lokmat group and IDFC Limited and claimed the net worth of Rs 2544.19 crore of IDFC and Rs 73.38 crore of Darda owned Lokmat group in its support.
The company would not have qualified for coal but for this, CBI had alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi