CBI likely to question three BJP leaders in Tulsi Prajapati case today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi/Ahmedabad: BJP leaders Prakash Javadekar, Bhupendra Yadav - both Rajya Sabha MPs - and party general secretary Ramlal are likely to be questioned on Friday by the Central Bureau of Investigation in connection with the fake encounter of Tulsi Prajapati.
A recent sting operation had shown the three purportedly discussing ways to influence the mother of Tulsi Prajapati.
Reports said the CBI has already informed the three and they may be called in for questioning today.
The three leaders have denied the claims and labelled the sting as motivated.
Javadekar had said he is ready to answer all questions pertaining to the CD.
In the sting operation, the leaders are purportedly shown discussing how Prajapati`s mother Narmadabai can be convinced to change her Vakalatnama. She has filed a case alleging her son was killed in a fake encounter.
However, BJP has claimed there is nothing "incriminating" against the three leaders in the sting operation.
CBI has already questioned Rubabuddin, brother of another fake encounter victim Sohrabuddin Sheikh, a friend of Prajapati who was also killed in a fake encounter, in connection with allegations that senior BJP leaders had conspired to derail the probe in Prajapati`s extra-judicial killing in which former minister Amit Shah is an accused.
CBI sources said Rubabuddin was called as a witness in connection with the sting operation and alleged senior BJP leaders wanted to sabotage the investigations in the Prajapati fake encounter case.
Prajapati, who was allegedly a witness to Sohrabuddin`s murder, was killed on December 2006--a year after Sheikh was shot dead in a fake encounter in Gujarat.
The journalist, who conducted the sting operation, had alleged senior BJP leaders managed to get undated blank `Vakalatnamas` from Narmadabai to allegedly subvert the judicial proceedings.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH