CBI likely to start filing chargesheets in coal scam
New Delhi: Nearly a year after registering its first FIR in the coal scam, the CBI is likely to start filing chargesheets in connection with at least five cases registered by it as investigations have been completed.
CBI sources said the agency would inform the Supreme Court about the status of cases on October 04 and would proceed to file chargesheets.
They did not give details of the cases in which it is likely to file chargesheets as reports are being handed over in sealed covers to the apex court which is seized of the matter.
The CBI is probing alleged irregularities in the allocation of 192 coal blocks which were made between 1993 to 2011. The agency has registered three preliminary enquiries relating to allocations between 2006-09, allocations between 1993 to 2004 and allocations given to joint ventures.
So far, the agency has registered 13 FIRs arising out of its preliminary enquiries covering allocations between 2006-09.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!