CBI lodges case against sr IAS officer; conducts searches
Jaipur/New Delhi: The CBI on Thursday registered a
case against a senior IAS officer for allegedly conspiring to
help a history sheeter in getting a passport despite pending
criminal cases against him.
The case was registered against Sanjay Dixit, Director of
Horticulture Department and Secretary of Rajasthan Cricket
Association under different Sections of IPC and the Passport
Act, a CBI official said.
He said the public servant, while holding the post of
Secretary to Government of Rajasthan (Department of
Horticulture) Jaipur, entered into a criminal conspiracy with
a person from the city and issued a verification certificate
dated July 3, 2007 in the name of the history sheeter Ranjeet
Singh, which contained false and misleading declaration about
his good character.
The accused person (Singh) was not eligible for the same
as he was facing 20 criminal cases. "In these cases, he had,
either been convicted or trials were pending or the cases were
under investigation against him. He had been declared as
history sheeter," a CBI spokesperson said here.
This led to issuance of Passport bearing No G-3387042
dated July 5, 2007 by the Regional Passport Office, Jaipur,
under Tatkal Scheme to go abroad, he said.
Following the registration of the case, CBI sleuths
conducted searches at residential and official premises of
both the accused at Jaipur, Tonk (in Rajasthan) and Lucknow.
"Incriminating documents showing nexus of the IAS Officer
with the passport holder have been recovered," the
spokesperson said, adding "further investigation is
According to another official, a team of 35 sleuths led
by CBI Superintendent of Police R D Kallia conducted the
Dixit, who is the Director of Horticulture Department
and Secretary of Rajasthan Cricket Association also, allegedly
used his office for verifying the certificate of the history
sheeter for securing the latter`s passport in July 2007.
The case was registered on the direction of the Rajasthan
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak