CBI may file case against former DGH VK Sibal
New Delhi: CBI is likely to register a
case against former Director General of Hydrocarbons VK Sibal
for allegedly favouring a US firm in carrying out speculative
seismic exploration during his tenure.
CBI sources claimed it has found sufficient evidence
against Sibal in alleged discrepancies in carrying out the
work and favouring leading private players and foreign
consultants involved in oil and gas field explorations.
The agency has registered Preliminary Enquiries on
November 26, 2009 to investigate different charges against
DGH, under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, is
mandated to carry out speculative geophysical survey with any
company to upgrade the available data on hydrocarbons
potential in the country, with the purpose of attracting
domestic and international firms to explore and develop oil
and gas fields.
The CBI had sought statements from Sibal and carried out
a probe in the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural gas as well.
The sources claimed even some of the documents pertaining to
the award of contract to the US firm were missing initially
but were traced after a prolonged probe.
"We have found a number of irregularities allegedly done
at the behest of Sibal during his tenure. We are verifying the
documents and considering to register a case," a CBI official
Sibal was the DGH between 2004 and 2009.
Central Vigilance Commission has also found alleged
discrepancies in different works carried out by Sibal who was
the Director General and recommended CBI probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Divide and rule by Beijing throw ASEAN into disarray
- Una incident: Gujarat Chief Secretary says accused made video for 'fun'
- Last day of Mi 2nd Anniversary Carnival: Grab Xiaomi Mi Max at only Re 1
- AAP MP Bhagwant Mann defends posting video on Facebook, says has done nothing to risk Parliament security
- ‘Angel’ Taher Shah upset with Varun Dhawan, denies right to use song?