CBI may quiz Railway Board chairman next week
New Delhi: The CBI is likely to call some senior officers in the Railway Ministry, including chairman of the Railway Board, for recording their statements in connection with bribery scandal involving the Railway Minister`s nephew and suspended Board Member Mahesh Kumar.
Sources said the officers, especially those involved in recent promotions and postings of Kumar, will be questioned in connection with the bribery scandal.
They said agency meanwhile has issued notices to the officers to join the probe.
According to sources, Railway Board chairman Vinay Mittal may also be quizzed as his views were understood to have been incorporated in the elevation of Kumar in the Railway Board.
They said all the officials, who had processed the files of Kumar, will also be asked to give statements on whether there were any pulls and pressures from the top brass.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read