CBI may quiz Railway Board chairman next week
New Delhi: The CBI is likely to call some senior officers in the Railway Ministry, including chairman of the Railway Board, for recording their statements in connection with bribery scandal involving the Railway Minister`s nephew and suspended Board Member Mahesh Kumar.
Sources said the officers, especially those involved in recent promotions and postings of Kumar, will be questioned in connection with the bribery scandal.
They said agency meanwhile has issued notices to the officers to join the probe.
According to sources, Railway Board chairman Vinay Mittal may also be quizzed as his views were understood to have been incorporated in the elevation of Kumar in the Railway Board.
They said all the officials, who had processed the files of Kumar, will also be asked to give statements on whether there were any pulls and pressures from the top brass.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader