CBI may quiz Railway Board chairman next week
New Delhi: The CBI is likely to call some senior officers in the Railway Ministry, including chairman of the Railway Board, for recording their statements in connection with bribery scandal involving the Railway Minister`s nephew and suspended Board Member Mahesh Kumar.
Sources said the officers, especially those involved in recent promotions and postings of Kumar, will be questioned in connection with the bribery scandal.
They said agency meanwhile has issued notices to the officers to join the probe.
According to sources, Railway Board chairman Vinay Mittal may also be quizzed as his views were understood to have been incorporated in the elevation of Kumar in the Railway Board.
They said all the officials, who had processed the files of Kumar, will also be asked to give statements on whether there were any pulls and pressures from the top brass.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29