CBI may quiz Railway Board chairman next week
New Delhi: The CBI is likely to call some senior officers in the Railway Ministry, including chairman of the Railway Board, for recording their statements in connection with bribery scandal involving the Railway Minister`s nephew and suspended Board Member Mahesh Kumar.
Sources said the officers, especially those involved in recent promotions and postings of Kumar, will be questioned in connection with the bribery scandal.
They said agency meanwhile has issued notices to the officers to join the probe.
According to sources, Railway Board chairman Vinay Mittal may also be quizzed as his views were understood to have been incorporated in the elevation of Kumar in the Railway Board.
They said all the officials, who had processed the files of Kumar, will also be asked to give statements on whether there were any pulls and pressures from the top brass.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brexit impact: RBI will provide liquidity wherever necessary, says Raghuram Rajan
- I should speak less now, jokes Salman Khan
- POSTER alert! Erika Kaar in Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay'
- Maharashtra districts to have own disaster management plan
- Despite big money on table, Rahul Dravid rejected Anurag Thakur's offer to coach India - Here's why