CBI might slap new case against Abhishek Verma
New Delhi: The CBI might slap new case against alleged arms dealer Abhishek Verma, an accused in Naval war room leak case, if the veracity of some "confidential" documents provided by his associate C Edmond Allen is proved by the Defence Ministry.
CBI sources said today they will be seeking views of the Defence Ministry on the genuineness of documents related to some acquisition deals which have been provided by Allen in a new tranche of documents.
They said the new set of documents Allen has provided include those related to aircraft acquisition deals, minutes of some crucial meetings besides other confidential information claiming them to have been provided by Verma.
They said if the veracity of these documents is proved, they might consider new case or additional charges against Verma.
An accused in Naval War room leak case, Verma has been arrested by CBI in the new case of allegedly taking USD 530,000 from Rheinmetall Air Defence AG (RAD) for using his influence to stall the blacklisting proceedings initiated by the government against it after the Ordnance Factory Board scam had surfaced.
The CBI had booked the company, Verma and unknown persons under section eight and 12 of the Prevention of Corruption Act, CBI sources said. Section 8 of the Act relates to taking bribe to influence public servants and carries a punishment of six months to five years.
Recently, Verma had approached a Delhi court with a complaint against his former partner C Edmond Allen accusing him of cheating him of Rs 55 crore and forging documents and emails to defame him. Allen had filed complaint with CBI Director and other top officials alleging that Verma received funds from RAD for bailing it out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands