CBI nabs 4 customs officials for taking bribe
Mumbai: The Central Bureau of Investigation`s (CBI) anti-corruption branch Wednesday apprehended four customs officials from the Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) in Raigad district while they were taking bribe, an official said.
"We had received a complaint about customs officials working at JNPT demanding bribe. Accordingly, after verification, a trap was laid Wednesday," the official said.
"Collection agent Shashikant Kokate was caught while accepting bribe of Rs.22,000 on behalf of R.K. Singh, deputy commissioner of customs and Sanjay Prasad, customs appraiser, Group 6, Customs House, JNPT," he added.
Another collection agent, Rahul Devlekar, was also apprehended for accepting bribe.
All four accused have been arrested. CBI is investigating the matter and conducting searches at their offices and residences for more details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city