CBI nabs 4 customs officials for taking bribe
Mumbai: The Central Bureau of Investigation`s (CBI) anti-corruption branch Wednesday apprehended four customs officials from the Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) in Raigad district while they were taking bribe, an official said.
"We had received a complaint about customs officials working at JNPT demanding bribe. Accordingly, after verification, a trap was laid Wednesday," the official said.
"Collection agent Shashikant Kokate was caught while accepting bribe of Rs.22,000 on behalf of R.K. Singh, deputy commissioner of customs and Sanjay Prasad, customs appraiser, Group 6, Customs House, JNPT," he added.
Another collection agent, Rahul Devlekar, was also apprehended for accepting bribe.
All four accused have been arrested. CBI is investigating the matter and conducting searches at their offices and residences for more details.
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success