CBI nabs 4 customs officials for taking bribe
Mumbai: The Central Bureau of Investigation`s (CBI) anti-corruption branch Wednesday apprehended four customs officials from the Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) in Raigad district while they were taking bribe, an official said.
"We had received a complaint about customs officials working at JNPT demanding bribe. Accordingly, after verification, a trap was laid Wednesday," the official said.
"Collection agent Shashikant Kokate was caught while accepting bribe of Rs.22,000 on behalf of R.K. Singh, deputy commissioner of customs and Sanjay Prasad, customs appraiser, Group 6, Customs House, JNPT," he added.
Another collection agent, Rahul Devlekar, was also apprehended for accepting bribe.
All four accused have been arrested. CBI is investigating the matter and conducting searches at their offices and residences for more details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok