CBI officer probing 2G scam dies
New Delhi: Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) official Suresh Kumar Palsania, who meticulously investigated the 2G spectrum scam, died on Wednesday night due to a blood disorder. 44-year-old Palsania, who was termed as one of the bright officers of the agency, died at a private hospital in South Delhi due to a terminal illness. Hailing from Rajasthan, Palsania was a 1996 batch IPS officer of Odhisa cadre and was working with the CBI since 2006.
An engineering graduate, Palsania, who was posted as Deputy Inspector General with the CBI, was a recipient of this year`s Police Medal for meritorious service announced on the Republic day. CBI Director AP Singh, who is at present in Rome for Interpol Conference, expressed shock over the sad demise of Palsania. "We are all crushed and shocked. He was one of the best officers of the CBI," Singh said.
Palsania filed chargesheet in the 2G case booking the then Telecom Minister A Raja and DMK leader Kanimozhi, besides a number of top honchos of telecom companies. Palsania had walked out of a meeting with a senior government law officer who wanted to discuss the strategy on 2G case with him along with the lawyer of the former telecom minister A Raja, who was in jail.
He had recently visited Malaysia and other countries to pursue the quick processing of the Letters Rogatory in connection with the case. Palsania also initiated a probe in the Commonwealth Games scam and was also in the two-member team that went to London to probe Suresh Kalmadi`s role in the Queen`s Baton Relay controversy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof