CBI opposes bail plea of Malegaon blasts accused
Mumbai: The CBI Friday opposed the bail
application filed by nine accused in the 2006 Malegaon blasts
case, saying they had not mentioned any valid reason for
In its reply filed before the special Maharashtra
Control of Organised Crime Act court here, the central
investigation agency said, "The accused persons have not put
forward any valid ground for consideration of their bail
application and thus their bail application deserves to be
The CBI said that it is conducting further
investigation after obtaining formal permission of the court.
Nine Muslim men, who were arrested in connection with
case and have been in jail for the past four years, had moved
the MCOCA court on January 17 seeking bail, citing Swami
Aseemanand`s confession pointing to a right-wing group`s
involvement in the attack that killed 36 persons.
Aseemanand, who was arrested last November for his
alleged role in the 2007 Mecca Masjid blasts, had said in his
confession recorded before the magistrate last month, that a
right-wing group was responsible for the 2006 blasts, which
killed 36 people and injured over 100.
The blasts took place near Hamidia mosque in the Bada
Kabristan area around 1.15 PM on Friday on September 8, 2006,
after the Shab-e-Barat prayers.
The police had arrested nine persons - Salman Farsi,
Shabir Ahmed, Noorulhuda Doha, Rais Ahmed, Mohammed Ali, Asif
Khan, Javed Sheikh, Farooque Ansari and Abrar Ahmed - for
their alleged involvement in the blasts.
In December 2006, the case was handed over to the Central
Bureau of Investigation. The special court had directed the
investigation agency to file its reply to the bail plea by
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists