CBI opposes bail plea of Malegaon blasts accused
Mumbai: The CBI Friday opposed the bail
application filed by nine accused in the 2006 Malegaon blasts
case, saying they had not mentioned any valid reason for
In its reply filed before the special Maharashtra
Control of Organised Crime Act court here, the central
investigation agency said, "The accused persons have not put
forward any valid ground for consideration of their bail
application and thus their bail application deserves to be
The CBI said that it is conducting further
investigation after obtaining formal permission of the court.
Nine Muslim men, who were arrested in connection with
case and have been in jail for the past four years, had moved
the MCOCA court on January 17 seeking bail, citing Swami
Aseemanand`s confession pointing to a right-wing group`s
involvement in the attack that killed 36 persons.
Aseemanand, who was arrested last November for his
alleged role in the 2007 Mecca Masjid blasts, had said in his
confession recorded before the magistrate last month, that a
right-wing group was responsible for the 2006 blasts, which
killed 36 people and injured over 100.
The blasts took place near Hamidia mosque in the Bada
Kabristan area around 1.15 PM on Friday on September 8, 2006,
after the Shab-e-Barat prayers.
The police had arrested nine persons - Salman Farsi,
Shabir Ahmed, Noorulhuda Doha, Rais Ahmed, Mohammed Ali, Asif
Khan, Javed Sheikh, Farooque Ansari and Abrar Ahmed - for
their alleged involvement in the blasts.
In December 2006, the case was handed over to the Central
Bureau of Investigation. The special court had directed the
investigation agency to file its reply to the bail plea by
- IN PICS: Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters brutally thrash this man in Patna - Know why
- Good news! India win one silver, two bronze in Archery World Cup
- Yuvraj Singh drops big hint about film on his life – Here's what the star batsman said...
- Indian Premier League 9: After struggling for years, Delhi Daredevils find rhythm under Rahul Dravid's watchful eyes
- WATCH: SHOCKING! Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters mercilessly beat up man for showing black flag