`CBI plea to shift Sohrabuddin case from Guj contempt of SC`
New Delhi: BJP today accused Congress of
being "obsessed" with the protection of human rights of
"terrorists" and said the CBI`s plea before Supreme Court
to shift the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case outside
Gujarat amounts to contempt of the Apex Court.
Charging the Congress with "misusing" the CBI in the
Sohrabuddin case, the party said there are about 170 cases of
fake encounters pending with the NHRC and hoped that the Apex
Court will take cognisance of these cases too and order CBI
probe into them.
"It is ironical today that Congress is obsessed with the
human rights of terrorists and does not want to address the
issue of terrorism per se. It does not want to address the
issue of national security, Naxalism, law and orders but
obsessed with human rights of criminals," BJP spokesman
Prakash Javadekar said at a press conference here.
He said Gujarat Chief Minister has raised a "very vital
question" about the CBI seeking transfer of Sohrabuddin`s
case from Gujarat.
"Party (BJP) agrees with the "anguish and pain" of
Narendra Modi over the issue. When CBI wants shifting of case
from Gujarat, we believe that this is actually a contempt of
the Supreme Court because Gujarat High Court judges are not
appointed by Gujarat government but the Supreme Court," he
Javadekar described Sohrabuddin as a "dreaded terrorist
and criminal" and alleged Congress is trying to make him "a
"Congress is concerned for the protection of a dreaded
terrorist but not for those 30,000 people who fell victim of
Bhopal gas tragedy," he charged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users