`CBI plea to shift Sohrabuddin case from Guj contempt of SC`
New Delhi: BJP today accused Congress of
being "obsessed" with the protection of human rights of
"terrorists" and said the CBI`s plea before Supreme Court
to shift the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case outside
Gujarat amounts to contempt of the Apex Court.
Charging the Congress with "misusing" the CBI in the
Sohrabuddin case, the party said there are about 170 cases of
fake encounters pending with the NHRC and hoped that the Apex
Court will take cognisance of these cases too and order CBI
probe into them.
"It is ironical today that Congress is obsessed with the
human rights of terrorists and does not want to address the
issue of terrorism per se. It does not want to address the
issue of national security, Naxalism, law and orders but
obsessed with human rights of criminals," BJP spokesman
Prakash Javadekar said at a press conference here.
He said Gujarat Chief Minister has raised a "very vital
question" about the CBI seeking transfer of Sohrabuddin`s
case from Gujarat.
"Party (BJP) agrees with the "anguish and pain" of
Narendra Modi over the issue. When CBI wants shifting of case
from Gujarat, we believe that this is actually a contempt of
the Supreme Court because Gujarat High Court judges are not
appointed by Gujarat government but the Supreme Court," he
Javadekar described Sohrabuddin as a "dreaded terrorist
and criminal" and alleged Congress is trying to make him "a
"Congress is concerned for the protection of a dreaded
terrorist but not for those 30,000 people who fell victim of
Bhopal gas tragedy," he charged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi