CBI prays for applying IPC sec 306 against Todi, other accused
Kolkata: The CBI on Monday prayed for applying
section 306 of the IPC against industrialist Ashok Todi and
other accused, including two IPS officers, in the case of
mysterious death of computer graphics teacher Rizwanur Rahman
before a city court here.
CBI counsel Partha Tapaswi submitted before Amit
Chattopadhyay, ninth fast track court of City Sessions Court,
that Priyanka, wife of Rizwanur, had written to her father
Ashok Todi in Hindi before leaving her house that she was
going to marry Rizwanur.
Tapaswi produced the letter and other documentary
evidence before the court in support of his argument that the
accused persons directly provoked Rizwanur to commit suicide.
The CBI counsel further submitted that the police had,
without registering an FIR, gone to Rizwanur`s house and
asked him to send Priyanka back to her father`s house.
As such, he prayed that charges be framed against seven
persons before the actual trial in the case, for which hearing
is being held, begins.
Among the seven accused, Ashok Todi and three police
officers, including IPS officer Ajay Kumar, figure.
The matter would be taken up for hearing again on
Rizwanur had married Todi`s daughter Priyanka on August
18, 2007 and was found dead on the local railway tracks on
September 21, 2007, after which his mother and brother had
moved the high court for an independent CBI probe into his
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog