CBI pressurising me, claims Geetha Johri
New Delhi: In a new turn in the Sohrabuddin
Sheikh fake encounter case, senior Gujarat-cadre IPS officer
Geetha Johri has accused the CBI of pressurising her to
implicate some political leaders, including arrested BJP
leader Amit Shah.
In a curative petition filed with the apex court, she has
sought the removal of Balwinder Singh, CBI`s Special Director
who is supervising the investigation into the case, and said
he be made a witness in it.
Johri accused CBI of pressurising her to implicate some
politicians, including Gujarat`s former minister of state for
Home Amit Shah who has already been arrested in connection
with the killing of Sheikh in a fake encounter with police in
Ahmedabad in 2005.
She alleged she had been asked by CBI to depose in a
particular manner in the case and that her personal assistant
was threatened by CBI.
Seeking Balwinder Singh`s removal as supervisor of the
probe into the case, Johri said in the petition that she
herself had interrogated him in connection with the case
when he was the Police Commissioner of Hyderabad in 2007.
She said Singh should be made a witness in the case.
The curative petition also challenged the apex court`s
decision not to expunge adverse remarks made against her in
connection with the case.
The curative petition was filed after the Supreme Court
had dismissed her petition seeking a review of the judgement
in which adverse remarks were made against Johri while handing
over the probe into the case to CBI from Gujarat police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam