CBI pressurising me, claims Geetha Johri
New Delhi: In a new turn in the Sohrabuddin
Sheikh fake encounter case, senior Gujarat-cadre IPS officer
Geetha Johri has accused the CBI of pressurising her to
implicate some political leaders, including arrested BJP
leader Amit Shah.
In a curative petition filed with the apex court, she has
sought the removal of Balwinder Singh, CBI`s Special Director
who is supervising the investigation into the case, and said
he be made a witness in it.
Johri accused CBI of pressurising her to implicate some
politicians, including Gujarat`s former minister of state for
Home Amit Shah who has already been arrested in connection
with the killing of Sheikh in a fake encounter with police in
Ahmedabad in 2005.
She alleged she had been asked by CBI to depose in a
particular manner in the case and that her personal assistant
was threatened by CBI.
Seeking Balwinder Singh`s removal as supervisor of the
probe into the case, Johri said in the petition that she
herself had interrogated him in connection with the case
when he was the Police Commissioner of Hyderabad in 2007.
She said Singh should be made a witness in the case.
The curative petition also challenged the apex court`s
decision not to expunge adverse remarks made against her in
connection with the case.
The curative petition was filed after the Supreme Court
had dismissed her petition seeking a review of the judgement
in which adverse remarks were made against Johri while handing
over the probe into the case to CBI from Gujarat police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre