CBI probing 83 complaints against babus
New Delhi: Fifteen All India Services
officers, including seven IAS and eight IRS officers, have
been booked under corruption charges this year by CBI even as
it registered 83 complaints against officers above the rank of
Joint Secretary during 2008-11, Lok Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
"As per information provided by CBI, it has registered
83 complaints against working officers of the rank of Joint
Secretary and above during the period 2008 and 2011 (till June
30, 2011)," Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances
and Pensions, V Narayanasamy told Lok Sabha in a written
He said 15 cases under the Prevention of Corruption Act,
1988 have been registered against IAS, IRS, IFS and IPS
officers during the year 2011 (till June 30), while 16 cases
were filed in 2010.
On the bases of verification of complaints (by CBI), the
agency registered 14 Regular Cases (RC) and 12 Preliminary
Enquiries (PEs), he said.
The minister said as part of the measures to improve
public confidence in these services, Government has decided
that the Annual Immovable Property Returns of all members of
All India Services and Group `A` services of the Central
Government be placed in public domain by the respective cadre
"Members of these services are also proposed to be
brought under the Lokpal Bill 2011," he said.
The Minister said names of officers with doubtful
integrity are placed in the "List of Officers with Doubtful
Integrity" and are not considered for sensitive posts in their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31