CBI questions Aarushi`s grandparents, cousin
Dehradun: In its efforts to identify the
killers of Noida`s teenaged school girl Aarushi, CBI has
questioned her grandparents, cousin and the priest who had
performed her last rites.
Aarushi, 14-year-old daughter of the dentist couple
Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, was found dead with her throat slit
in her parents` home at Jalvayu Vihar in Noida on May 16,
2008. Her domestic help Hemraj was also found murdered in the
The CBI probe team led by Superintendent of Police
(Dehradun) Neelabh Kishore, which is investigating the case,
questioned the Chitnis couple, Nupur Talwar`s parents, Rajesh
Talwar`s elder brother Dr Dinesh Talwar, his wife and their
child, the priest who performed the last rites of Aarushi, and
many other family friends of the Talwar couples.
CBI has also made initial contacts with a forensic lab in
Canada that specialises in `touch DNA` technique, a method
that has helped solve blind crime cases.
The laboratory, according to officials, has the
expertise to extract DNA from samples which are highly
contaminated but have been touched by the criminal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP