CBI questions industrialist in horse-trading case
Ranchi: The CBI on Friday quizzed industrialist R K Agarwal, who was taken in remand in connection with cash recovery from a car and the subsequent allegations of horse trading to win a seat in Rajya Sabha elections in 2012.
"Interrogation of R K Agarwal is going on. His three-day remand ends tomorrow and we will approach CBI court for extension of remand for some more days," a senior CBI officer said.
A day after his arrest, the special CBI court had on May 15 allowed the investigating agency to take Agarwal on three days remand for questioning.
Agarwal, president of Singhbhum Chamber of Commerce and Industry, is one of the accused in the 2012 biennial elections for Rajya Sabha.
He had contested the elections as an independent candidate.
The polls, however, had been countermanded by Election Commission of India following the seizure of Rs 2.15 crore from a car and the police had alleged the vehicle belonged to his relative, forcing the ECI to conduct the polling for two seats afresh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says