CBI questions Vectra Chairman again
New Delhi: The CBI on Wednesday questioned Vectra
chairman Ravinder Rishi for the fifth time in connection with
alleged irregularities in the Tatra truck supply to the Army
even as it sought more documents from the Defence Ministry.
Rishi is "cooperating" with the agency and has agreed to
provide all the documents related the Tatra Sipox UK agreement
with the BEML which was inked in 1997, CBI sources said.
The CBI is now focusing on the role of officials of
Defence Ministry, BEML and Army and may question them in
connection with the case soon, they said.
The agency has approached Defence Ministry seeking help
in providing it with documents related to supply of all
terrain trucks for Army, they said.
The sources said after going through these documents, the
CBI will have a clear picture of the other accomplices in the
case and would call them for questioning.
The sources said it was in 1997 that Tatra Sipox UK
signed the truck supply deal with BEML which was in alleged
violation of defence procurement rules which say that
procurement should be done directly from original equipment
The first agreement for the supply for Tatra all terrain
truck used for transport of soldiers, heavy machinery,
missile systems etc was signed with Czechoslovakia-based
company Tatra in 1986.
In 1997, BEML started procuring trucks through Tatra
Sipox UK, claimed to be the marketing arm of Tatra, in which
Ravinder Rishi had a substantial stake.
CBI has alleged that since Tatra Sipox UK was not the
original manufacturer of the these all terrain trucks, the
rule that defence procurements should be made from original
manufacturer was violated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan