CBI questions Vectra Chairman again
New Delhi: The CBI on Wednesday questioned Vectra
chairman Ravinder Rishi for the fifth time in connection with
alleged irregularities in the Tatra truck supply to the Army
even as it sought more documents from the Defence Ministry.
Rishi is "cooperating" with the agency and has agreed to
provide all the documents related the Tatra Sipox UK agreement
with the BEML which was inked in 1997, CBI sources said.
The CBI is now focusing on the role of officials of
Defence Ministry, BEML and Army and may question them in
connection with the case soon, they said.
The agency has approached Defence Ministry seeking help
in providing it with documents related to supply of all
terrain trucks for Army, they said.
The sources said after going through these documents, the
CBI will have a clear picture of the other accomplices in the
case and would call them for questioning.
The sources said it was in 1997 that Tatra Sipox UK
signed the truck supply deal with BEML which was in alleged
violation of defence procurement rules which say that
procurement should be done directly from original equipment
The first agreement for the supply for Tatra all terrain
truck used for transport of soldiers, heavy machinery,
missile systems etc was signed with Czechoslovakia-based
company Tatra in 1986.
In 1997, BEML started procuring trucks through Tatra
Sipox UK, claimed to be the marketing arm of Tatra, in which
Ravinder Rishi had a substantial stake.
CBI has alleged that since Tatra Sipox UK was not the
original manufacturer of the these all terrain trucks, the
rule that defence procurements should be made from original
manufacturer was violated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof