CBI quizzes Amit Shah in Ahmedabad jail
Ahmedabad: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Wednesday questioned former Gujarat minister Amit Shah here in connection with the 2005 killing of Sohrabuddin Sheikh in a staged shootout.
A three-member CBI team, led by Superintendent Amitabh Thakur, began quizzing Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s close aide Shah in the high security Sabramati Jail, an official said.
The team was accompanied by two videographers, a lawyer and the jail superintendent in the Lokmanya Tilak Barracks of the jail where a special room has been prepared for questioning.
The CBI team had 32 questions for the former minister of state for home, who was expected to take supplementary questions arising from his answers, the official said.
The special CBI court had granted the team three days to question Shah between 9.30 a.m. and 5.30 p.m.
Shah was arrested here Tuesday after he surfaced at a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) press conference in Gandhinagar.
Shah, the former minister of state for home, has been charged with ordering the killing of Sohrabuddin Sheikh and his wife Kausar Bi here.
The Gujarat Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) has been accused of killing Sohrabuddin Sheikh on grounds that he was a Lashkar-e-Taiba operative near Ahmedabad in a staged shootout on Nov 26, 2005. His wife Kauser Bi had also been missing since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony