CBI quizzes ex-telecom officials for second day
New Delhi: The CBI questioned former telecom
officials for the second day today after the agency conducted
searches at their premises in connection with its probe into
the 2G spectrum allocation scam.
Official sources said the questioning would form the
basis for summoning former Telecom Minister A Raja to the CBI
Sources said the agency questioned R K Chandolia,
Raja`s former personal secretary, Siddhartha Behuria, then DoT
secretary, K Sridhar, then Member, Telecom Commission, A K
Srivastava, then Deputy Director General, Access Service Wing,
DoT, and Raja`s business partner Sadiqui Batcha, Managing
Director of Chennai-based Greenhouse Exports.
The agency is also examining a a diary with various
details, which is said to have been recovered during the
searches conducted by the investigating agency on Wednesday
from the residence of Raja.
The diary, according to sources privy to the probe,
has some details pertaining to the allocation of 2G spectrum
among other details.
Sources said CBI sleuths spent considerable time in
checking the entries made in the diary which consist of names
of some politicians and corporate honchos.
Raja was forced to resign as minister on November 14 in
the wake of CAG`s report that the rates at which 2G spectrum
was allotted resulted in a possible loss to the exchequer to
the tune of Rs 1.76 lakh crore.
Besides being accused of undervaluing 2G spectrum, Raja
has also been blamed for circumventing the rules to favour
companies that did not meet the eligibility criteria for
getting spectrum licences.
The CBI had registered a case on October 21, 2009 against
unknown Department of Telecom officials and private persons
and companies for allegedly causing loss of thousands of
crores of rupees to the exchequer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!