CBI raids eight locations in Odisha for bank fraud
Bhubaneswar: CBI teams on Thursday raided eight places in Odisha to investigate a Rs 13 crore fraud in a regional bank where gold loans were allegedly given against imitation jewellery.
The office and residences of Odisha Gramya Bank Dumuduma branch`s suspended manager Kalindi Charan Nayak was raided as well that of the appraiser Manabhanjan Sahoo and businessman Ratikanta Kanungo, officials said.
The CBI teams also raided the residences of Nakul Parida, Bijan Sahoo, Anil Kumar Das, Purusottam Sahoo and Suryanarayan Sahoo, who according to bank records had allegedly taken Rs 13.22 crore in loans between December 2012 and March 2013 by mortgaging fake gold jewellery, they said.
The teams also seized documents relating to the loans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM