CBI raids eight locations in Odisha for bank fraud
Bhubaneswar: CBI teams on Thursday raided eight places in Odisha to investigate a Rs 13 crore fraud in a regional bank where gold loans were allegedly given against imitation jewellery.
The office and residences of Odisha Gramya Bank Dumuduma branch`s suspended manager Kalindi Charan Nayak was raided as well that of the appraiser Manabhanjan Sahoo and businessman Ratikanta Kanungo, officials said.
The CBI teams also raided the residences of Nakul Parida, Bijan Sahoo, Anil Kumar Das, Purusottam Sahoo and Suryanarayan Sahoo, who according to bank records had allegedly taken Rs 13.22 crore in loans between December 2012 and March 2013 by mortgaging fake gold jewellery, they said.
The teams also seized documents relating to the loans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state