CBI raids Sarabjot’s house, registers case under Arms Act
New Delhi: Trouble grew on Saturday for former Union minister Buta Singh’s son Sarabjot alias Sweety Singh, whose New Delhi residence was raided this morning by the CBI.
During the search operation, the Central investigating agency recovered three unlicensed pistols and 38 cartridges from the premises and registered a case against Sarabjot under the stringent Arms Act.
He is already under CBI custody till August 5 after being arrested in an alleged Rs 1 crore bribery scam.
According to the CBI, Sarabjot had demanded the bribe to "influence" his father Buta Singh, the chairman of National Commission of SC/ST, for settling the case registered against Nashik-based civil works contractor Ramrao Patil.
ED help sought
Meanwhile, the CBI investigating the bribery case registered against Sarobjit Singh has sought the help of Enforcement Directorate as one of the accused in the case is allegedly a Hawala operator who was arrested earlier in another case.
"Dhuksingh Chauhan was arrested under the Conservation of Foreign Exchange and Prevention of Smuggling Activities (COFEPOSA) Act and spent over a year in jail between 1995 to 2000," CBI joint director Rishiraj Singh said.
He said, "We have sought help from ED to throw more light on this as Chauhan is an old hawala operator and further probe from our side is on."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared at 3 pm today
- Whoa! Shah Rukh Khan catches a plane back from work to beat the traffic! – See pic
- Music director Anu Malik hospitalized!
- Rescued migrants say ship sank off Italy with hundreds aboard
- China all set to embark on 1st quantum communication satellite