CBI raids Sarabjot’s house, registers case under Arms Act
New Delhi: Trouble grew on Saturday for former Union minister Buta Singh’s son Sarabjot alias Sweety Singh, whose New Delhi residence was raided this morning by the CBI.
During the search operation, the Central investigating agency recovered three unlicensed pistols and 38 cartridges from the premises and registered a case against Sarabjot under the stringent Arms Act.
He is already under CBI custody till August 5 after being arrested in an alleged Rs 1 crore bribery scam.
According to the CBI, Sarabjot had demanded the bribe to "influence" his father Buta Singh, the chairman of National Commission of SC/ST, for settling the case registered against Nashik-based civil works contractor Ramrao Patil.
ED help sought
Meanwhile, the CBI investigating the bribery case registered against Sarobjit Singh has sought the help of Enforcement Directorate as one of the accused in the case is allegedly a Hawala operator who was arrested earlier in another case.
"Dhuksingh Chauhan was arrested under the Conservation of Foreign Exchange and Prevention of Smuggling Activities (COFEPOSA) Act and spent over a year in jail between 1995 to 2000," CBI joint director Rishiraj Singh said.
He said, "We have sought help from ED to throw more light on this as Chauhan is an old hawala operator and further probe from our side is on."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says