CBI raids senior Army officer for alleged graft
Jammu/New Delhi: CBI officials on Friday raided the premises of a senior Army officer after registering a case of corruption against him on the charge of bribery and amassing assets disproportionate to known sources of his income.
"CBI conducted raids at several places of Major General V K Sharma in Udhampur, Pathankote, Delhi and Gurgaon and seized some documents today", a CBI official said.
Three special teams were formed and sent to different locations to conduct the raids, he said.
The documents found pointed to the officer`s investments in properties and gold and other valuable assets, he added.
The raids came after the Army handed over the case to CBI to probe the allegations Maj Gen Sharma who has been attached in Udhampur-based Northern Command since last year where he was facing a Court of Inquiry (CoI).
According to CBI sources, the CoI has recommended a CBI probe against the senior officer and the probe agency now plans to register a case based on the findings of the Army inquiry.
There were allegations by a supplier against the officer, who was a Maj Gen at Army Service Corps (ASC), of financial impropriety in a contract case.
The officer was in charge of all rations and supplies to troops posted in the Northern Command. He was attached for the probe after an elaborate internal surveillance tracked his activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday