CBI rebuts Talwars` defence in Aarushi murder case
Ghaziabad: The CBI today strongly refuted the claim of dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, facing trial in the twin murder case of their daughter Aarushi and domestic aide Hemraj, that these was a mismatch in the negatives and the positive of the crime scene photographs supplied to them by the prosecution.
The CBI counsel told Special Judge Shayam Lal that the agency had supplied to the couple the same photographs that the UP police had given to it earlier and the ones which it had submitted to the court.
"It is humbly submitted that the CBI received the negatives from UP police and submitted these very negatives before this hon`ble court," the CBI told the court. The CBI`s submission came in response to Talwars` plea for supply of photographs and negatives.
The CBI today also produced the trouser, t-shirt and undergarments of Arushi in the court as part of prosecution evidence to buttress their argument.
14-year-old Aarushi was found dead in her bedroom at the Talwar`s residence at Jalvayu Vihar, Noida, on the intervening night of May 16-17, 2008. The body of Hemraj was found on May 17 on the terrace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal