CBI registers case against IAS officer
New Delhi: CBI has registered a case of alleged disproportionate assets worth Rs three crore against an IAS officer, who is posted as Director in the Ministry of
Social Justice here.
The agency, after registering the case, carried out searches at four place in Delhi and Bangalore including the residence of the 2000 batch IAS officer K Dhanalakshmi Gowda, who is from Uttar Pradesh cadre and has also served in the
office of External Affairs Minister SM Krishna as his private secretary.
"It is alleged that she, while working as public servant, acquired huge assets both immovable and movable in her name as well as in the name of her mother (a housewife)," CBI spokesperson Dharini Mishra said here today.
CBI alleged that Dhanalakshmi was found in possession of disproportionate assets to the tune of approximately Rs 3.15 crore which are beyond her known sources of income.
Her name has also surfaced in the alleged land scam in Tronica city project in Ghaziabad near Delhi where valuable land was allotted at throwaway prices, the agency said.
"Most of these assets have allegedly been acquired by her as benami properties in the name of her mother who abetted to acquire the assets in her name," the spokesperson said.
She said searches were conducted at four places in New Delhi and Bangalore at the residential and official premises of the accused yesterday. The documents seized during the searches are under scrutiny.
Reacting to investigations, MEA spokesperson Vishnu Prakash said, "It is understood that CBI conducted some investigations yesterday, in the apartment of K Dhanlakshmi, an IAS officer of UP cadre, who is presently serving...in Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. The apartment was allotted to her during her brief tenure in the External Affairs Minister`s office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February