CBI registers case against Ramdev`s aide
New Delhi: The CBI on Sunday registered a
case against yoga guru Ramdev`s close aide Balkrishna for
allegedly furnishing fake educational degree for getting a
The case has been registered under section 420
(cheating) and 120-B (criminal conspiracy) for procuring the
fake degree and violation of section 12 of the Indian Passport
Act (knowingly furnishing false documents for getting
passport), CBI officials said.
A lookout notice has also been issued against
The decision to register the case against Balkrishna
was taken after Sampurna Nand Sanskrit University denied
having him on their rolls ever.
The Registrar of the University Rajnish Shukla told the
agency that the number mentioned by Balkrishna in his degree
did not match with the University records and the enrolment
numbers indicated in the fudged documents belong to a
Balkrishna`s two degrees `Purv Madhyma`, a high school
degree issued in 1991 and `Shastri`, a Sanskrit degree in 1996
don`t figure in the university`s records, he said.
The documents show Krishna Sanskrit Mahavidyalaya, an
affiliate of the university, as the issuing authority, Shukla
said, adding the Vice-Chancellor has described the documents
CBI had taken all the documents from the Bareilly
Passport Office after the agency registered a Preliminary
Enquiry (PE) to probe whether Balkrishna had acquired the
passport using forged documents.
The charges have been denied by Ramdev-controlled
Patanjali Yogapeeth Trust. "Balkrishna`s passport is valid. He
got his passport about 12-13 years back. Why is the government
now raising questions about it," Trust spokesperson SK
Tijarawala had said earlier.
Besides questions being raised about his nationality,
Balkrishna is under the scanner of the central investigating
and law enforcement agencies for allegedly acquiring wealth
worth several crores of rupees.
Meanwhile, Balkrishna refuted allegations that he had
furnished fake educational degree for getting a passport.
"There is no reason that I have to acquire fake
degree. I neither sought any government job nor did I need
this for popularity," he said in Haridwar.
"Is this conspiracy of defaming me not clear enough to
show that this fight is not for truth or untruth, but just the
malicious intention of people in power who want to end this
mission?" Balkrishna remarked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof