CBI seeks clarifications from Army Chief on briber
New Delhi: Nearly three weeks after recording his statement, the CBI has sought certain clarifications from Army Chief Gen VK Singh with regard to the bribery allegation levelled against Lt Gen (Retd) Tejinder Singh in connection with a truck deal.
A CBI team visited the Army Chief`s office last evening as the agency was of the opinion that some more clarifications were required in connection with his bribery allegation, official sources said.
The sources said the CBI also wanted clarity on the issue of delay on part of the Army Chief in approaching the agency as the incident had taken place at least one-and-a-half years back.
The CBI has recorded a Preliminary Enquiry against Tejinder Singh on a complaint filed by the Army Chief in which he has alleged that the retired Army officer had offered him a bribe of Rs 14 crore for clearing a `sub-standard` consignment of Tatra trucks.
The CBI has already questioned Tejinder Singh, who has filed a defamation case against the Army Chief for levelling baseless allegations against him.
The CBI had first recorded the statement of the Army Chief on April 20 during which the agency had sought to ascertain the circumstances that led to the offer of bribe to him by Tejinder Singh.
The Army Chief had assured the CBI that he would provide some "clinching" evidence to buttress his complaint that the retired officer had allegedly offered him a bribe of Rs 14 crore to clear supply of a tranche of the vehicles.
The agency will also examine various documents including the visitor`s register, record of discussion of Army and documents related to Tatra, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?