CBI seeks copies of Army Chief`s interview to TV channel
New Delhi: CBI has sought from a TV news channel copies of Army Chief Gen VK Singh`s interview in connection with its probe regarding his allegations that he was offered a bribe of Rs 14 crore by a retired senior Army officer.
CBI sources said they will analyse any additional information given by the Chief during the interview to the private TV channel.
The agency, which has registered a preliminary enquiry case in connection with the alleged bribe offer, is still looking for some "reliable" evidence to convert it into a regular FIR.
CBI sources declined to disclose what information they were looking for in the media interviews given by Gen Singh who is scheduled to retire next week.
They said the relevance of the interviews in the ongoing probe can only be ascertained after going through the statements of the army chief and the claims made by him.
Gen Singh had claimed in media interviews that an equipment lobbyist had offered him a bribe of Rs 14 crore, a matter which he had reported to Defence Minister A K Antony.
The Ministry had then recommended a CBI probe into the allegation made by the Army chief.
Later in his complaint to CBI, Gen Singh had alleged that it was Lt Gen(Retd) Tejinder Singh who offered him bribe on behalf of Vectra Chairman Ravinder Rishi.
Tejinder Singh has rejected all the allegations against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez