CBI seeks sanction to prosecute BEML chief

Last Updated: Tuesday, April 3, 2012 - 23:12

New Delhi: The CBI has sought sanction of the
Defence Ministry to probe BEML chief VRS Natarajan in some
complaints in which preliminary inquiry has been registered by
it.

However, no sanction has been sought for a probe
against him in the Tatra supply deal, agency sources said.

CBI sources said the complaints were received in its
Bangalore branch over a period of time and preliminary
enquiries were registered by it.

They said so far the agency has not received sanction
from the Defence Ministry for initiating probe against
Natarajan.

According to rules, CBI needs sanction of the ministry
to initiate probe against officials of the rank Joint
Secretary and above.

The CBI sources, however, refused to share details of
cases in which the alleged role of Natarajan needs to be
probe.

Although unknown officials of BEML are under the CBI
scanner in the Tatra truck supply deal to the Army, the agency
will take a fortnight to decide whether Natarajan needs to be
questioned or not as "lot of documents need to be scrutinised"
before reaching a decision in this regard, CBI sources said.

Despite repeated attempts to contact Natarajan, he did
respond to phone calls and sms left to seek his comments.

PTI



First Published: Tuesday, April 3, 2012 - 23:12

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus