CBI seeks time to file reply to Salem`s plea
Mumbai: The Central Bureau of Investigation
(CBI) on Wednesday asked the court here for time to file reply to the
application of extradited gangster Abu Salem, seeking closure
of the trial against him in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case.
Salem`s plea came in the wake of Portugal Supreme Court
upholding a lower court`s ruling that extradition treaty with
India had been violated in his case.
Salem`s application here is likely to be heard on Friday.
The Portugal court had held that rules were violated in
Salem`s extradition, as charges attracting death penalty were
pressed against him after he was taken to India.
Salem, an accused in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case, was
extradited to India along with Monica Bedi on November 11,
2005, after a marathon legal process in Portugal lasting three
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic