CBI seeks time to file reply to Salem`s plea
Mumbai: The Central Bureau of Investigation
(CBI) on Wednesday asked the court here for time to file reply to the
application of extradited gangster Abu Salem, seeking closure
of the trial against him in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case.
Salem`s plea came in the wake of Portugal Supreme Court
upholding a lower court`s ruling that extradition treaty with
India had been violated in his case.
Salem`s application here is likely to be heard on Friday.
The Portugal court had held that rules were violated in
Salem`s extradition, as charges attracting death penalty were
pressed against him after he was taken to India.
Salem, an accused in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case, was
extradited to India along with Monica Bedi on November 11,
2005, after a marathon legal process in Portugal lasting three
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days