CBI seeks time to file reply to Salem`s plea
Mumbai: The Central Bureau of Investigation
(CBI) on Wednesday asked the court here for time to file reply to the
application of extradited gangster Abu Salem, seeking closure
of the trial against him in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case.
Salem`s plea came in the wake of Portugal Supreme Court
upholding a lower court`s ruling that extradition treaty with
India had been violated in his case.
Salem`s application here is likely to be heard on Friday.
The Portugal court had held that rules were violated in
Salem`s extradition, as charges attracting death penalty were
pressed against him after he was taken to India.
Salem, an accused in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case, was
extradited to India along with Monica Bedi on November 11,
2005, after a marathon legal process in Portugal lasting three
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai