CBI seeks time to file reply to Salem`s plea
Mumbai: The Central Bureau of Investigation
(CBI) on Wednesday asked the court here for time to file reply to the
application of extradited gangster Abu Salem, seeking closure
of the trial against him in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case.
Salem`s plea came in the wake of Portugal Supreme Court
upholding a lower court`s ruling that extradition treaty with
India had been violated in his case.
Salem`s application here is likely to be heard on Friday.
The Portugal court had held that rules were violated in
Salem`s extradition, as charges attracting death penalty were
pressed against him after he was taken to India.
Salem, an accused in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case, was
extradited to India along with Monica Bedi on November 11,
2005, after a marathon legal process in Portugal lasting three
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery