CBI seizes documents from Rail Bhavan, may register more cases
New Delhi: CBI Monday seized files related to railways promotions and tenders the details of which have emerged in the phone calls intercepted by it in connection with bribery scandal involving former Minister Pawan Bansal`s nephew and suspended Railway Board member Mahesh Kumar.
CBI sources said a team of agency visited Rail Bhavan today to collect the files on promotions and contracts which have figured in over 1000 calls intercepted by the agency during last two months.
However, the sources refused to given specific details of the contracts and promotions which are under scrutiny of the agency as it might adversely affect their ongoing probe.
The sources said if these records show any prima facie corruption or meet the claims made by the accused in the tapped conversation, the agency will register fresh cases in those issues as the present case relates only to alleged bribe Rs 90 lakh paid to Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla by the then Railway Board Member Mahesh Kumar for posting of choice.
They said the agency would also call for questioning the officials whose names figure in conversations between four accused--Singla, Kumar and middlemen Manjunath and Sandeep Goel.
The sources said agency is primarily focussing on the phone intercepts of these four persons as main conspiracy was allegedly hatched among them.
The agency is also likely to question Bansal in this connection and also senior members of the Railway Board who were privy to the promotion of Mahesh Kumar from General Managr to Board member.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list