CBI sends reminder to Nepal over Balkrishna
New Delhi: The CBI has sent a reminder to the Nepal government on its judicial request to ascertain the nationality details of yoga guru Ramdev`s aide Balkrishna, who is alleged to have forged his educational documents to get an Indian passport.
The agency had sent Letters Rogatory to Nepal last December seeking Balkrishna`s nationality details, agency sources said.
But even after two months, when no communication was received from the Nepalese authorities, the CBI sent reminder to them to provide details sought by the agency, they said.
The CBI had registered a case against him on July 23 for cheating and criminal conspiracy for procuring fake degree and violation of section 12 of Indian Passport Act for furnishing
fake documents to get a passport.
The decision to register the case against Balkrishna was taken after Sampurna Nand Sanskrit University denied having him on their rolls ever.
Registrar of the university Rajnish Shukla had told the CBI that Balkrishna`s two degrees `Purv Madhyma`, a high school degree issued in 1991, and `Shastri`, a Sanskrit degree
in 1996, don`t figure in the varsity`s records.
He said the CBI had matched records which showed that the enrolment numbers mentioned in the fudged documents belong to a different student.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’